“Get a taste of Italy with this traditional Pizza Margherita recipe.”
- Remove the dough balls from the freezer & lay the frozen dough balls onto a tray, keep them in their separate bags, leave them in refrigeration at 4ºC overnight, the next day remove the dough from their bags carefully, dip them into a bowl full of flour & place them back onto a tray, leave them out at room temperature approx 20º C for a minimum of 1-2 hours before making a pizza. (The dough must be covered at all times with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out).
- Preheat a DeliVita oven, t's best to heat it for 25 minutes before cooking.
- Add tomatoes to a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt.
- Using your fingers to spread and shape your dough into a pizza shape, refrain from using a rolling pin as it will kill the yeast and ruin your pizza!
- Using a spoon to spread, put 1/4 of the sauce on the dough, and spread leaving a 1-inch border (for the crust of course!)
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the mozzarella over the sauce.
- Using a pizza peel (which you can get from the DeliVita website) put the pizza on the floor of the pizza oven. Bake until golden and crisp, about 90 seconds. for extra tasty-ness top with hand torn basil.