Roast Stone Gruit with Amaretti Crumble
As deserts go, this was is easy and works well with Cream, mascarpone or whipped cream, which is your favourite?
- Slice each fruit from top to bottom and separate into two halves, discarding the stone
- Sprinkle sugar over the flesh, lay in a dish and slide into the oven to start to soften
- In a blender of mortar and pestle, smash together the hazelnuts and amaretti biscuits to a breadcrumb texture (or place in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin)
- Remove the fruit from the oven, place one or two blackberries in each cavity and top with a spoonful of crumble mixtur
- Slide back into the oven until the fruit is cooked through and the crumble nice and golden
- Serve with ice cream, mascarpone or whipped cream.