Our 'Fired' Chilli
If you’ve got a wood-fired oven, then you seriously need to try this deep, smoky chilli. Taken from ‘Fired’ wood oven cooking by Jon Finch and Ben Merrington. We love this, especially in the colder months.
- Ideally, add a fist-sized hunk of smoking wood to the embers every 45 minutes or so to give the chilli a deep, heady, smoky aroma. Temperatures 120-160°C
- Melt the butter in a large pot, then sauté the onion until soft. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a simmer
- Cook slowly for 2-3 hours, ideally adding a hunk of smoking wood about every 30 mins.
- To make this dish vegetarian, use 750g of chopped butternut squash instead of the meat, and vegetable stock, and cook for 30 minutes.
- If you love this recipe don't forget to share your pics with us on our social @hellodelivita.