Maple Wood-fired Nectarines with Nut Praline
A simple yet super tasty after dinner treat!
- After you've finished cooking your pizzas or main meal, you can use the residual heat to cook. No need for the wood to be flaming hot.
- Pour your sugar into a cast iron dish and place in oven until its turned runny and golden. Give your pan a shake every now and again or turn the pan around in the oven but never stir whilst its melting. This should take around 20 minutes.
- Once all the suagr has melted, take the pan out the oven and stir in the nuts. Then pour the mixture onto your baking sheet and set aside to cool.
- Add a piece of extra wood to your oven to boost the temperature and bring the flame back. Put your nectarine wedges in the now empty pan, and cook in the oven until they turn brown and start to char.
- Once they do, pour over the maple syrup, mix up and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Serve your maple charred nectarines in a bowl topped with broken up pieces of praline and a scoop of icecream. Finish with some lime zest.