Miso and Sesame Glazed Aubergine (Nasu Dengaku)
Give your Aubergines a makeover with this wonderful vegan recipe
- Mix together your glaze: sesame oil, miso paste, mirin and honey
- Slice the aubergine lengthways into 1cm thick slices, discarding the two end skin bits
- Drizzle with oil then place on a baking tray and cook until the flesh is tender (but not mushy) and starting to brown. You will need to flip it once or twice
- Brush over the aubergine with the glaze on the upwards facing side and sprinkle with sesame and nigella seeds.
- Slide back into the oven for a few more minutes