Hasselback Butternut with Sage Crumb
- Peel, deseed and halve your butternut lengthways.
- Place on a baking tray and slide into the oven for 5-10 mins.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic, sage, breadcrumbs and either a generous glug of olive oil or a couple of tablespoons of butter. It should form a thickish paste
- Slide the butternut out of the oven and carefully place each one thick side down on a chopping board.
- Place a chopstick on either side of the butternut, lengthways.
- Carefully slice the butternut thinly widthways but not all the way through – using the chopsticks as a preventative measure from cutting all the way through.
- Place the butternuts back on to the tray and top with the sage and breadcrumb mix
- Slice back into the oven until the butternut is tender and the topping is crispy and delicious